1st time homeschooler in SC
    angelm is offline Junior Member

Default 1st time homeschooler in SC

Hi, I have a daughter who will be 5 this month. We used another online program loosely for the past several months but I'd like to get her into something more formal. Time4Learning seems to fit the bill since it tracks progress and actually 'grades' her assignments.

The area we live in is RURAL (capital letters intended) and the schools leave MUCH to be desired. I am an elementary teacher but quit when I had my daughter. Homeschooling seems like a daunting task but is our best option.

Looking forward to using your program!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Angelm.
    Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling. Yes, homeschooling can seem so daunting. I remember feeling the same way when my daughter was 5 and we were just starting. She's 19 now and just graduated this past summer. She's in college and doing great. It's the best choice we've made for our children.

It really is not as daunting as it may seem. And with Time4Learning it really is so much easier. The planning is all done for me, and the record-keeping is so much easier with the Progress Reports from T4L. I think the biggest challenge you may face may be finding a way to interact with other families or kids. Some ways you may be able to do that is through community classes or activities, like dance, art or sports. Also, 4-H or girl scouts. Another option may be a congregation or church, which may have Awanas or something else. There may be a slight possibility of you finding a homeschool support group near you. Google has been my best friend in finding information or resources on homeschooling.
    There is Time4Learning State Forums, if you'd like to check out the one for S.C.

Also, since you are new to homeschooling, you may find this free Guide to Homeschooling helpful.

I hope to see you around the forums.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass