3rd Grade Spelling
    tnrs0106 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 3rd Grade Spelling

I am wondering where I can find the spelling list for the 3rd grade. I was looking for a list and “GOOGLED” for one and one of the first hits that came back was T4L but I can’t seem to find it. Is this somehow worked into the Language portion of the curriculum later on? Does anyone have any ideas on fun ways to do spelling? Thanks so much for any and all help!

-RJ-

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 3rd Grade Spelling

Time4Learning uses a phonics approach to spelling until fourth grade, when traditional spelling lists are offered in the language arts extensions. Many popular spelling programs wait until the student is reading well independently before introducing formal spelling lessons.

Parents who would like to use a formal program before fourth grade often use this list of suggested spelling words. (Click on the grade level in the blue sidebar at the left of the page.) A site like SpellingCity provides a fun way to practice the spelling words and even take the weekly spelling test online. The site is free and can be used with Time4Learning's suggested lists or other spelling curricula. You can also use SpellingCity's own lists.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

tnrs0106 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: 3rd Grade Spelling

Thank you so much for your help!!

-RJ-