7th grade

Thread: 7th grade

catrahan is offline Junior Member

Default 7th grade

I stumbled onto this site and it seems extremely interesting. I have two 7th graders who are in public school and really want to pull them out and homeschool them. My question is, do you find cirriculums that meet the state expectations? I havent read the entire site, so maybe I passed my question's answer over. Sorry if that's the case.
    Any response would be very helpful.
    Thank you,
    Crystal

Kess is offline Member

Default Re: 7th grade

I have a 7th grader too, and this is our first year homeschooling. Before pulling her out of PS I checked her school's 7th Grade curriculum off of the school's website and compared it with T4L's curriculum. T4L was almost exactly what her school was teaching! I then made up my mind and started HS'ing. We are both loving it!

Kess

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

welcome crystal ... i don't have a 7th grader (my oldest is only in 4th), so i can't tell you specifically about 7th grade. but i will tell you that t4l was created for public schools to use as curriculum. it is complete and meets state standards in everything else. hth!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

catrahan is offline Junior Member

thank you both! in 2 hours i'm going release my children from the public school system. i've already sent off my letter to the state. this is going to be my second year trying homeschool. the first time, i winged it with books from ebay, and amazingly, both of my children passed with above average grades. i don't make it a private school, and send them take the state exams in april. it helps me see where we all are. my son is repeating 7th grade and i really dont want to see him repeat anything else, but due to health issues, it is best we go the homeschool route. i live in iberia parish and i do not like that the judicial system interferes with the educational system. last year, i had to defend myself and my children because they were sick so much. this year, i simply refuse! homeschool is the best way to go!!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

ah ... sickness is never a fun reason to homeschool - altho certainly a valid one! good luck, welcome to the group, and let us know how we can help (and pray!)
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!