7th grade science
    jvigrl is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 7th grade science

I see Math, Language Arts, and Social Studies in the lesson plans for 7th grade. Is there a Science?

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

I have read that other parents on here with seventh graders have their child do science in a lower grade.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

jvigrl is offline Junior Member Newbie

oh ok thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning offers a complete core math and language arts curriculum from K-8. Science and social studies are offered as a free bonus. K-2 science and social studies are supplementary.

A complete core social studies curriculum is available for grades 3-7. (A personal note: I love the seventh grade social studies, and have had a couple of my highschoolers do it. It's a pretty thorough overview of American history/government.)

A complete core science curriculum is available for grades 3-6.

Students who haven't used Time4Learning before usually find the fifth and sixth grade science and social studies plenty challenging. If in doubt, you can see how your child performs on a few of the test (before doing the lessons), to see if he already knows the material or not.

My own recommendation for a seventh grader, new to Time4learning, would be to use fifth grade science and sixth grade social studies. That leaves sixth grade science and seventh grade social studies for his eighth grade year.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ktwirls is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy

My own recommendation for a seventh grader, new to Time4learning, would be to use fifth grade science and sixth grade social studies. That leaves sixth grade science and seventh grade social studies for his eighth grade year.
    Yes, this is what I have done and it has worked well.
    Kim Ann~Quad Cities, IA/IL
    Mom to boys ages 14, 9, 7, 5 and girl age 3!
    Advocate for birth, breastfeeding, & babywearing!