7th Grade spelling curriculum?
    Lynnette is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 7th Grade spelling curriculum?

I have a 5th grader and a 7th grader next fall who will be using this curriculum. I easily find the 5th grader spelling units, but I am having trouble finding the 7th grade. I can find the list under the spelling skills section for 7th grade, but I don't find the units. Are the spelling words for 7th grade just incorporated into the Language Arts curriculum? How does that work?

Thanks

Lynnette

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Spelling concepts are under "Parts of Speech". These aren't separate units like in fifth grade. Spelling is not commonly a separate subject for students after sixth grade, but becomes more incorporated into their general language arts studies.

Older students who still find spelling challenging may want to consider a separate spelling curriculum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

morenomami is offline Junior Member Newbie

edhelper.com has great lists you can use as an additional source; we have a daughter who is in 8th grade (hoping they will get HS soon) but still has dificulty with spelling. WE use T4L as our main core, and then supplement in any of the areas she is lacking with what we find on edhelper.com; hope this benefits you in some way.

Shari is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Spelling help

Spellingtime.com is another good program fo rchildren that have difficulties in that area. The program is only designed to go through 5th grade but it has an area where you can add your own words, so you can build a list if you need to.
    Your Character is who you are, Your Reputation is who people think you are...