All the Reasons we choose Time4Learning!
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default All the Reasons we choose Time4Learning!

We have been HS'ing since 1998. As seasons change we have found our favorites through the years. Our top "3" have been:

Five In A Row (unit study for elementary)

A.C.E. (Accelerated Christian Education)

WinterPromise (Lit based Science/Hx)

But then this past July, I decided to give Time4Learning a try after hearing about it on my friends blog. (Hi Bstrouse) I had actually heard about it several times on different message boards, but thought it was a fluffy little side dish that you used in addition to your main curriculum. I read how Bstrouse was using it as her core program and started e-mailing. I decided to give it a try.

WOW I am so thankful the Lord allowed me to come across this program. I love Five In A Row, A.C.E. and WinterPromise which I use/used for Science/Social Studies, but had struggled finding a program for my basics.

Time4Learning made our math and lang arts come alive. We have had more consistency using this program because of it's interactive format than ever before. Because of the multi-media approach to teaching, it makes my boys not dread doing school.

Because of the visual aspect to the teaching part they understand concepts that when "I" am trying to teach sometimes got lost in translation.

Now for the purpose of this post. This past week I was hit with Kidney Stones. ( ) and have been taking heavy medication and not doing much of anything. This morning I'm feeling back on my game and what do I see......? That my children have continued doing school even without me.

Please don't get me wrong I cherish being a part of their learning experience. I love to sometimes just sit and watch them do their time4learning, but what peace and joy there is knowing that when life doesn't go as planned our school does not have to shut down.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing your story, Mary. Our family feels much the same way about Time4Learning. We are enthusiastic "rowers", too (Five in a Row). I've used a few Paces over the years for social studies, but I had never heard of Winter Promise until you mentioned it in a previous post. (And I thought I'd tried 'em ALL! ) I'll have to take a look at it.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ccpeterson is offline Member

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones, Mary!!! But glad to hear you are feeling better.
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11

jonesforHim is offline Junior Member Newbie

im happy to hear the the kids can continue schooling even when we cant be right with them. my husband got sick this year and i have had to go back to work. i was looking for a curriculum that he would be able to work with the kids. we start time for learning this week.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Mary, I missed your reference to kidney stones the first time I read this. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!

jonesforHim, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's illness, too. Yes, Time4Learning is a great choice for independent learning in difficult situations.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

KathleenM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Mary!

I have known you for years on the FIAR forums, and have long considered you a cyber-friend. It means a lot to me that you endorse this program.

Today marks the end of my family's 2 week trial, and it looks like we are going to stick with time4learning.

It didn't take long for us to get the hang of the website, and the kids look forward to their lessons. When one child is online, I have time for one-on-one with another. My kids are VERY visual learners, and I have tried for years to make our curric match their needs. T4L takes much of that burden off of me.

Hey girl, sorry about those kidney stones! I hope you are over that very SOON.

hugs, Kathleen M

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Oh My Goodness! Hi Kathleen..., I am so glad to see you here! I miss you. It feels like I've run into an old friend.

Congratulations on starting T4L'ing. You will love how it frees you up to have FUN in the other areas.

Thank You so much everyone for your Words of encouragement! They were precious. I am doing GREAT. There are more stones in my kidney's but I pray they don't drop for a long.., long..., time! (understanding smile?)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/