Also new here and need to get my 9th grader signed up
    Valwhite18 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Also new here and need to get my 9th grader signed up

Can someone please tell me how this works? I am now homeschooling my 9th grader and I need to choose a homeschool program.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Also new here and need to get my 9th grader signed up

Hello, Valwhite!

Here is where you can sign up for Time4Learning.

Here is where you can view the demo lessons. (My own kids were hooked after seeing them. )

Time4Learning allows anyone to sign up at any time. Although they do encourage you to follow your state's homeschool laws, they do not oversee that.

It's important to know that Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum. Many people mistakenly refer to online schools as "homeschooling", because the work is done at home. That is not correct, because a third party directs the student's education and the third party is responsible for following the school laws (not homeschool laws) in the school's state.

With homeschooling, the parent directs the student's educaation and the parent is responsible for following the homeschool laws (not school laws) in the student's state of residence. Each state has its own homeschool laws, and they are all different. The best place to find your state's homeschool laws is your state's Department of Education website.

Some states want you to notify them that you are homeschooling every year, some want only one-time notification, and some need no notification at all. Some want your student to receive standardized testing each year, some every few years, and some do not require testing. A few require instruction in certain subjects or a certain number of days/hours of instruction per year.

All fifty states allow a parent to issue a homeschool diploma for their own child. The best place to learn about homeschooling high school, with loads of information and printable diploma and transcript templates, is Let's Homeschool High School.com.

When you homeschool for high school, you decide what your student must do to graduate from your family's homeschool.

I hope this is enough to get you started.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MJ510 is offline Member

Default Re: Also new here and need to get my 9th grader signed up

I know you have likely made your selections. One of the best things about the phenomenal growth in the number of homeschooling families, there are now so many options for curriculum available it can be overwhelming!

This checklist can be helpful in narrowing down those you wish to consider:

The Homeschool Curriculum Comparison Checklist You Need Right Now

Best wishes!

~Missy