Am a newbie with questions
    2jtsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Am a newbie with questions

Hello my name is misty and i am from a small town in oklahoma i am married and have 2 wonderful boys james tanner age 8 and jack tyler age 18 months.
    Last year the second grade was a complete nightmare for our family, Tanner we discoverd has dysgraphia. Witch in itself is not horriable however the way his teacher and princapal handled him was after finding him crying on several occasions because they had riduculed him about not being able to read his writing and his not being able to pass his spelling test i had enough and my husband and i have decided to homeschool him.
    Other then his spelling and handwriting he is a straight A student. At the end of the year his reading test was fifth grade eighth month and his math was fourth grade fifth month. He was extremly board with school and told us repeatedly he didnt feel challenged.
    Ok with a little background on us i have a few questions. 1) Can he work above his grade leval on one subject and not another? 2) Whats the best schedule to stay on so he is still out for summer so he can play baseball ect. im sure ill have many more questions to come thank- you for your help

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Your child may work at different levels in different subjects. You may change levels as needed.

Many families stay on a schedule similar to the nearby public schools. My own family does this, so my kids are available to play with their friends on their friends' days off.

Be sure and read the Hints before you get started.

You might also be interested in Time4Learning's Welcome to Homeschooling Guide.

Click the "Search" link at the top of this page and type in "schedule". You'll find loads of posts about how people schedule their homeschooling days.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

2jtsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default thank you

Thank you for the information. I am excited and scared all at the same time this is new to all of us and scary as well. I love what i have found here

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Misty, feel free to post questions as they arise. It often takes a couple of weeks to a month to start feeling comfortable with a new curriculum. You'll be answering other users' questions before too long.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!