any similiar programs for grades 9-12?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    sisymay is offline Member

Default any similiar programs for grades 9-12?

Hi, I see this program is only for K-8.
    Are there any programs similiar to this one for 9 -12?
    Thanks !!

sisymay is offline Member

Anyone know???

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sisymay,

I do not know of any highschool programs like this one? I was hoping you'd get a response because I would love that too!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

For science, there is CyberEd, but you have to purchase it through the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. (Membership in the co-op is free.)
    There are sample lessons available here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

crazymotherof-3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

i don't know a lot about how the program works but i found this as i was searching when i came across T4L www.globalstudentnetwork.com seriously concidering for my 14 year old to begin her freshman year if you think about it, it is very reasonable 625 per year divide by 12 months and it is just under 55 per month
    the traveling homeschoolers

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

For high school writing classes, try http://www.time4writing.com .

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaToo is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I think there may be--

In reseaching T4L I did actually come across some info that said Odyssey for high school ages was to be released some time this summer. Maybe if you contact CompassLearning you can get information on when it will actually be released and how to access it.

witchly is offline Senior Member Guru

That would be great if Odyssey released a high school version and T4L carried it - or maybe made a new site (same company) that was a little more teen-ish and not so kid-ish in appearance (I know that is one small thing that my son doesn't like about T4L). We are doing mostly 7th grade work on T4L this year, but next year we will probably have to find something new (sigh).[/quote]
    Robyn
    Secular homeschooler of 1 son (14)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/RobynsOnlineWorld.1.gif

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

If you like an online format, here are some options until T4L or Odyssey have a high school program offered to homeschoolers.

- CyberEd online science programs available through www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org - we love these!

- www.thinkwell.com - www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org has current group buys for these programs. Includes different subjects.

- www.aleks.com - online math for 4th grade through high school, $20/month. If you are able to sign up through a school, then it is only about $35/40 weeks.

- we LOVE the Institute for Excellence in Writing materials for all levels. They are very user friendly and great prep for college (or high school), www.excellenceinwriting.com

- FREE online courses www.courserepository.org - not all subjects are covered but what is there I've been impressed with. You can't beat the price - free!

It takes some diggign but there are reasonably priced courses out there. There are also a LOT of distance learning options for high schoolers however so many of them are waaay out of our budget. Just keep looking and asking around.

Blessings, Adele

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

CompassLearning has announced a high school program several times over the last few years. After several false starts, it sounds like they have a good one that they are bringing to market.

As soon as it's ready, Time4Learning will take a look and see if we can offer it. We hope to get this done in August!

In the meantime, Time4Writinghas writing classes for high school students.
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast