Anyone with a dyslexic child using this program?
    CindyLouWho is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Anyone with a dyslexic child using this program?

I know Kerry, a representative from this company, I believe, advertises on Homeschoolchristian.com & has used it for her son. I was also wondering if anyone else has had success with this program for dyslexia & visual perception problems.

Also, is there a way to test the child you wish to use this for to see where they should start?

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. I've checked out the samples offered & so far they look really good.

God bless each of you!
    Cindy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Cindy. Welcome to the board!

There's a page on the Time4Learning site concerning dyslexia. You can find it here.

Here is a previous thread that addresses placement. Many parents are choosing to have their child "test through" as described in one of the posts.

And, here is a thread that addresses placement AND dyslexia! I think PaulaInNova is still around, so maybe she'll see this and respond regarding teaching a child with dyslexia.

Here's even more from parents whose kids are dyslexic.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I know the gal who referred me has a son with dyslexia. They seem to really like the program.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

CindyLouWho is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default My dd will need help "reading" her lessons...

I read somewhere here that there's a way you can have the lessons read to you. Is there a way to check it out before signing up to see if this learning style will appeal or work for my dd? She's almost 15 & doesn't want to do something too babyish for her.

I'm desperate to try to find something that will work for her as I don't want to put her in public school resource classes if I don't have to.

tia,
    Cindy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here are the demos.

You may sign up and try the program for fourteen days. If it does not work for your child, cancel within that two weeks and your money will be refunded.

The program is designed so that most of the lower-grade material will be read aloud to your child (second grade and below). For third grade and above, you can download Peedy the Parrot, who will read the lessons to your child.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

NewLifeAcademy is offline Member Regular

Default Our dd is dyslexic

We found T4L about six months ago. Our dd was having a great deal distinguishing both auditorilly and visually for phonic rules and applications. We started her at the first grade level. I was glad to see she didn't bawk about it being too babyish.(she was 9 at the time) I think she was just glad to see she could do it.

T4L goes in such small steps buillding upon each former concept for the beginning learners. They hardly know they are learning and it goes quickly. It helped me to know where the holes were in her understand of phonics rules. She is at the end of the 2nd grade level now in LA. We have dabbled in the 3rd grade level just to show her it won't be too. hard. She's excited and I'm relieved we have a tool that can help our special learner.