Can I use this as a summer school to catch a child up to grade?
    kristina8 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Can I use this as a summer school to catch a child up to grade?

My ds is in public school. He is 2 years behind due to a late start and adhd. His adhd is under control now, but he's still behind. I want to know if we do 3rd grade this summer for summer school, can he go to 4th grade at the ps?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning is not a school and therefore not accredited. However, this curriculum is used in public schools nationwide as an in-school teaching tool (under the name CompassLearning). If you have been told that your student needs to go to summer school or needs credit recovery, you can show your local administrator the Time4Learning lesson plans and report format to see if a parent-supervised use of Time4Learning is acceptable. Time4Learning’s reporting system provides progress reports with records of activities completed, scores on graded activities and a time stamping feature that records the hours of study completed by day. With pre-authorization, it is possible that Time4Learning - with proper supervision - could be approved by school authorities as a viable substitute.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kristina8 View Post
    My ds is in public school. He is 2 years behind due to a late start and adhd. His adhd is under control now, but he's still behind. I want to know if we do 3rd grade this summer for summer school, can he go to 4th grade at the ps?
    Kristina, I have three of four children with processing issues that have been behind at one time or another. As we were beginning our tenth year of homeschooling I found Time4Learning and my boys went up more in their year end testing than ever before. (two years in math and 1.5 in the other subjects) That was using Time4Learing for one year. I would suggest starting with just using it for the summer, but it would also make a GREAT afterschool program. I would be very interested to hear how your son does after one full year
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I want to add to Mary post, my son is behind in his reading BUT after doing Time4Learning from January till now he was tested last week and he improved by a 2 years in reading and his math which he was right on grade level with (that is his best subject) he went up 2 grade levels!

I agree w/ Mary and try it for the summer but you might find it to be a great afterschool program.

Blessings.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Kristina, I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how you're doing? I hope you are enjoying your Time4Learning program this summer. Let us know!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/