christian homeschooler
    jochum6 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default christian homeschooler

Hi,
    My name is Michelle and have been homeschooling for almost all of my kids lives. I have tried Abeka and ACE and others and they were great. But my needs and the needs of my children changed and I have been looking for something new and fun for my childrens education.

Then I happened upon time4learning and it seems great at a great price and your not stuck with it if it doesn't work out.

I have spent hours as I'm sure you all have looking for christian curriculum also and have found a great curriculum that provides everything except math and language. It is called konos and the web address is www.konos.com. It teaches from a Biblical perspective and for those of you who need all the help you can get it has a konos in a box that comes with all the supplies you need even the arts and crafts.

I am planning on using time4learning for math and language and konos for the rest. I want my children to have interaction with the family, christian perspective, and also more than one form of learning. I also think konos with bring back some excitement to learning. I hope this helps someone.

In Him,
    Michelle

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Michelle. Time4Learning is a great match for unit studies like Konos. I've used it with both Five in a Row and Sonlight. Both are unit studies, designed from a Christian perspective. This year, I'm doing The Prairie Primer with some of my kids.

Most unit studies require extra math and language. Since unit studies are fairly time-intensive for the teacher, I love that my kids are able to learn math and language independently with T4L.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It would be interesting to hear more about what others are using in conjunction with Time4Learning.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Hi Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I think your idea is WONDERFUL! I am using T4L'ing in addition to some ACE and WinterPromise;-) I am wondering if I know you from the ACE loop or homeschoolreviews board? (curious smile)

In HIS Love,
    Mary Arnold
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/