Christian Mom-need help
    sunshinestatemom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Christian Mom-need help

Hi there!!
    I have a 4th grade dd and she does well with the computer so I feel this will be ideal for her.My concern is topics that contain evolutionary topics.I know you can opt out of the science or history ect but then I would only be paying for 2 subjects being covered. Is there a way to know ahead of time which lessons may contain this information?? I do not have time to sit and preview "all" lessons kwim?? I am ready to join but this is a big concern of mine.Thank you in advance for your help
    Elizabeth

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Christian Mom-need help

There is a forum below that has threads containing specific lessons and the material that some parents may find objectionable. Hope that helps!
    Melissa.

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SahmIam
    There is a forum below that has threads containing specific lessons and the material that some parents may find objectionable. Hope that helps!
    Check under "Christian Discussions" Kelly started a thread for this purpose not too long ago.
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

sunshinestatemom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Yes I have read through the christian board already,was hoping for a little more insight then what I had seen.....
    Thank you
    Elizabeth

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Elizabeth.

Time4Learning offers a complete core math and language arts curriculum. It includes science and social studies for most grades as a free bonus. You may opt out of any subject.

Time4Learning costs less than $180 for nine months for one child and less for subsequent children. That's about what you can expect to pay for a student text and teacher's manual for one subject using popular publishers. Many members use Time4Learning for only one subject.

It's agreat idea to quickly preview your child's lessons, regardless of what curriculum you are using. The Christian forum is relatively new and will contain more information as users contribute.

I'm looking forward to seeing that you've become a contributor to that forum yourself!

Welcome to the board!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm so glad you posted and understand your concern. We are a young earth, creationist family. I have to tell you that I LOVE Time4Learning for our Math and Language Arts, LOVE it! But I do use a Christian based program for our history and science. I realized that because this was important to me, and it sounds like that's true for you as well, that the price I needed to pay for my convictions was to do something separately. We use Heart of Dakota and Five In A Row in addition to Time4Learning.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/