Chronically ill child
    KWSmith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Chronically ill child

Hi, I'm here looking at options for my chronically ill 16 year old daughter. I'm searching for the best options for her...she wants to get a diploma desperately.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chronically ill child

Hi. I'm sorry for your chld's health challenges. Homeschooling is often a good solution. All fifty states allow a parent to issue a homeschool diploma to their own child. Time4Learning provides a template for that purpose. When homeschooling, the parent decides what the student must do to graduate. The best place to learn about homeschooling high school is Let's Homeschool High School.com.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Shelley Schneider is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Chronically ill child

Quote Originally Posted by KWSmith View Post
    Hi, I'm here looking at options for my chronically ill 16 year old daughter. I'm searching for the best options for her...she wants to get a diploma desperately.
    My son was diagnosed with multiple food allergies and digestive issues at age 16(still trying to figure it all out). The public school options didn't work for us so we started T4L the beginning of his junior year. Its working well for him, love the Rosetta stone Spanish too. If you have problems with the set up, just give them a call, they are very helpful. My son does miss out on school functions like prom, dances and school spirit kind of stuff which hurts me to see. It would be nice to talk to others in the same situation. -Shelley Schneider