Considering home school
    home4us is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Considering home school

I have been seriously thinking about homeschooling my 9 year old. School is good but her tuition is really going up. I would take her to another school but I don't like the school hopping thing.

She attends Christian school while there are many great things. The disadvantage is that she travels 30 mins to the school by van. She has several hours of home work every night. I feel we help her with her homework so much I'm homeschooling her anyway.

So I'm ready through the different messages to get so ideas of what to do.

mcmary is offline Member

Hi,

We were in a similar situation. My daughter was commuting to school by ferry boat every day and when she came home she had hours of homework to do. There wasn't time for extracurricular activities. Participating on the basketball team was exhausting because we'd get home so late. She didn't complain about it but I did- her dad would drop her off in the morning but it would take me three hours to pick her up due to the way the ferries were scheduled. So, we made the decision to homeschool for middle school. She loves it! We are fortunate to live on an island with many extracurricular offerings, so she has plenty of social interactions. She really likes T4L (we use it for social studies and language arts). We've been able to take some great trips too (not having to pay tuition makes it more affordable to travel). Anyhow, I hope this is helpful. Are there other homeschoolers in your area that you can connect with?

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

Homeschooling can really be a wonderful thing! Good luck with your journey!

rogercostilla is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello hope you have some tips for me!