Considering Home Schooling as my son dislikes 1 of the 2 teachers
    LizIreland is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Considering Home Schooling as my son dislikes 1 of the 2 teachers

Help My son dislikes his spelling/reading teacher. I personally find her cold and 1 that wasn't to break my sons spririt ie Controlling.

He although ejoys his math teacher.

My son is 9 and in Fourt Grade, he does not test well, and rushes through his work, during testing.

When we do homework, he does amazing!

Any suggestions? Also is it an option to part time home school?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Liz. Each state has its own homeschool laws. There are a few states that allow you to full time homeschool, while taking one or two classes at the public school. This means you would withdraw from public school and abide by the homeschool laws in your state. When homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record. You will need to do an Internet search on the homeschool laws in your state.

I'm not aware of any state laws that allow your child to remain enrolled in public school while using a different source for one particular class. Although theoretically schools can negotiate such things on an individual basis, it isn't commonly done and is unlikely to be done because of a personality conflict.

Withdrawing from public school and complying with homeschool laws just long enough to avoid one particular teacher, only to re-enroll the following year, might be more trouble than it's worth. Then again, you might decide you like home schooling and decide not to return.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to Homeschooling Guide by Time4Learning is a helpful resource. Homeschooling might be an option. Each state has their own laws regarding homeschooling and how much participation homeschooled students may have in public education. Some schools welcome part time homeschool-part time public school, others are hostile to homeschoolers and do not allow this type of set up. It is not just the state law, but the individual schools to consider.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!