Considering Using - Have ?'s
    dfoote is offline Junior Member

Question Considering Using - Have ?'s

Hello, I've just been watching the video and doing the demo lessons with my kids for 5th and 7th grade. Several of the demos froze or were glitchy. For example, we were supposed to drag a bullet point onto a diagram to outline a writing project and it would not allow us to drag and drop the item. We successfully did so for another bullet point but then it suddenly stopped working. Is that an ongoing issue for current users? If so, then I wonder if it would be too frustrating and difficult to use this system. Are technical issues addressed quickly?

I also have concerns about placement. Is there an assessment tool? The demos were very easy for my girls, but we speculated that they were putting the easiest lessons as a demo just as an example.

Thank you in advance for your help!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! What kind of device/browser/internet connection were you using? As with any technology, there are occasional glitches, but nothing that continues to be an issue. We do have an excellent support team, so you may want to give them a call to see if you can walk them through what's going on, and see if they can help you sort it out. 888-771-0914

There's not a placement test, BUT, when you sign up, you get access to a grade below and a grade above their placed grade. So your 5th grader would have access to 4th, 5th, and 6th grade lessons and activities, for all subjects. If what they're working on is too easy, they can work in the higher grade. Alternatively, if they find something a little tough, they can work in the lower grade. If they are consistently working in a grade below/above their placed grade, it's super easy for you to change what grade they're in. You do it through your parent account.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

dfoote is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Thank you!

You know, it probably is Windows 10 / MS Edge. I'll have to see about that. Even just typing this message, when I tried to italicize, the screen froze and I had to re-type this message.

Thanks for the information about the grades. I saw they had access to another grade I just didn't realize it was for both above and below, which is helpful because they may be behind in math but ahead in language arts except for writing which is our eternal struggle. The more flexibility there, the better, it seems to me.

Thanks for the help!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, dfoote. I want to make sure you know that you can change your student's grade level more than one-up-one-down. Your student has a default grade level, which you (the parent) determine. This can be different for each subject. It's the grade level that automatically appears when your student clicks on that subject. Then there are three little numbers at the top of the dashboard that allow you to immediately move one grade level up or one grade level down for that login session only.

When the student logs in again, the program will still go to his default grade level for that subject. For example, if the student's default for language arts is 3rd grade, you will see the numbers 2, 3, and 4 at the top of his screen when he is logged in to language arts. The third grade lessons will automatically appear, but you can click the two or four to access those lessons. When he logs in again, though, the third grade lessons will automatically appear again.

You can change the default level itself by logging in to your parent account. If you change the above fictitious student's default language arts level to fourth, then the program will automatically take him to the fourth grade lessons, but you will have the ability to change quickly to third or fifth.

I just wanted to make sure you know you are not limited at all in the default grade level you can choose.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!