Curriculum Question
    CarrieNY is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Curriculum Question

HI, my daughter has been diagnosed with Autism and having a horrible time getting appropriate accommodations with in the school/district. She attends a private school that has no federal funding, therefore, her school is not entitled to follow special ed laws. After much consideration and talking thing out with people close to me as well as therapist and advocats, have decided homeschooling is what is best for my daughter.

She is entering 6th grade in Sept. She seems to be struggling with math. If I sign her up for 6th grade, I understand I can sign her up with 5th grade math. Can I then switch to 6th or do I need to do all of 5th to move up>

Do we have to follow all curriculum, or do we pick and chose what we want?

Thank you.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Curriculum Question

Welcome to the forum, Carrie!

You can change grade levels at any time. Just log in to your parent dashboard to do that. Students can work at vastly different grade levels in each subject. My own 12-year-old with significant special needs is using a combination of pre-k, K, and first grade curriculum.

You can pick and choose lessons. There are tools on your parent dashboard to help with that. A description of each lesson is found in the lesson plans/scope and sequence. There is an Activity Planner to help you set up a plan (or you can just have your child do the lessons in order and proceed at her own pace).

We hope you'll stick around to share how things are going!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!