Diagnostic/Placement Tests?
    kanpope6 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Diagnostic/Placement Tests?

Are using Time4Learning as afterschool enrichment or as homeschool curriculum? I am considering it for my emerging reader in first grade for homeschooling.
    - Do your children like learning on the computer? Yes. My dd uses SOS and he wishes he could do something similar.
    Do your children have special learning issues? no
    Are they gifted? no

Here is the question that I have...I am wondering about diagnostic tests and placement tests. How do I know what level to put my son in? Is there a way to do the diagnostic/placement before I join?

Thanks!
    Nicole

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Placement testing was not found to be helpful. Parents still needed to "tweak" their child's level occasionally.

Register your student for the level you "think" he is on. You will also have access to one level above and one level below his registered level. If the level he is working on appears to be too difficult or too easy, you can have him try out some lessons in the other level.

You may also try out lessons from any level by accessing the Lesson Plans and inputting lesson activity numbers as explained here.

If you decide you want your student's level changed, you may click on the Change Educational Level link at the top of this page. Time4Learning will do that for you within 24 hours. There is no charge for this service, and you may do it as often as necessary to place your student appropriately.

You may register your student in different levels for language arts and math. Generally, the student's language arts level is used to place him in science and social studies, because of the reading required in those two subjects.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

BoysRus is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thanks Nicole and Kelly!

I just registered last night so I could post the exact same question!
    ~ Celeste ~
    wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, doula

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Diagnostic/Placement Tests?

Quote Originally Posted by kanpope6
    Are using Time4Learning as afterschool enrichment or as homeschool curriculum? I am considering it for my emerging reader in first grade for homeschooling.
    - Do your children like learning on the computer? Yes. My dd uses SOS and he wishes he could do something similar.
    Do your children have special learning issues? no
    Are they gifted? no

Here is the question that I have...I am wondering about diagnostic tests and placement tests. How do I know what level to put my son in? Is there a way to do the diagnostic/placement before I join?

Thanks!
    Nicole
    Hi Nicole,

Welcome I just want to say that I had to do a bit of tweaking w/ a couple of my sons and T4L'ing was so gracious. They were fast and always helpful. But we kept switching until we found the perfect fit!

1- We use this as our homeschool curriculum for Math and LA.

2- My children love working on the computer.

3- Three of my children have Processing issue's and my youngest has "mild" autism. I have one child who is right on pace
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/