Do Over Mom Very Happy with T4L!
    mom2beauty1999 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Do Over Mom Very Happy with T4L!

I had my DD (9) enrolled with T4L 2 years ago...after only a few months I decided that T4L wasnt really for us...I had a few issues with the way things worked and with some of the content in the younger grades....but when I went to doing lesson plans and digging out the old curriculum...both my DD and I were more disgruntled then ever, but we followed it out for the school year....
    This year However we gave T4L another try....I switch DD back and forth some between 2nd and 3rd grade work...and I just Thank God that I gave it another try! Oh what a difference! I kid you not! My DD has gone from telling people that she hates school work...to now telling them that she loves school work! She loves her computer work! She does LA the most on T4L and has become a much stronger reader because of it! Her frustration level with being a struggling reader is GONE!!! She used to dread the fluency part of T4L but now she Loves it! She gets so excited and pleased with herself when she beats her score!! She does the science and history as well but I supplement alot of that with videos, projects, experiments and field trips...but the science on T4L for this age is wonderful! It gives me a great starting point every week! I go on and see what is coming up and I plan around the T4L activity! Its wonderful!
    And the reports....they are worth their weight in Gold I tell ya! I print them out every week and keep them in her binder...so when my meddling sister in law and mother in law ask questions I have a beautifully done report in their face as fast as I can spin around....LOL...ok that might not be what they were originally meant for...but honestly its GREAT to have! They really are one of the best parts of the program for me! It gives me the confidence I needed to handle those in my life who judge my decision to homeschool! The Reports are beautiful and very thorough!

So I guess what I just wanted to say is that if there is anyone who may be new...or thinking about returning to T4L... Give it a chance!!! You will be glad that you did... I should have given it more time and realized that nothing is perfect and not one single program is going to meet your every need....but T4L is a great foundation to build on....its an awesome starting point!!!! I am SO GLAD we did a Do Over on this one....I am a very happy Homeschool Mom and my DD is enjoying learning again! We are that success story that I really hoped we'd be!

Blessings
    Rhonda

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do Over Mom Very Happy with T4L!

Rhonda, thanks for sharing your story! I am always encouraging new users to give themselves a few weeks to get used to any new curriculum. Usually, the kids are "hooked" on T4L by the time those weeks have passed.

I loved reading what you wrote!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Rhonda, reading your post was like drinking a cup of coffee! I found myself relaxing, smiling and nodding. What an awesome testimony of trying it and thinking you don't like it, to giving it another shot and finding you LOVE it! WOO HOO!!!!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Rhonda, that's a great story ... glad to have you back! Many congrats on staying with the struggles and keeping on keeping on anyway!

And, for the record, while we all know that reports are for "official use", let's just all admit it. Being able to show them off to doubters and naysayers is just icing on the cake!!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

And the reports....they are worth their weight in Gold I tell ya! I print them out every week and keep them in her binder...so when my meddling sister in law and mother in law ask questions I have a beautifully done report in their face as fast as I can spin around....LOL..
    loved this
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Hi Rhonda,

I was reading your post and it kinda reminds me of myself, I have used time4learning this past school year, now it's time for me to decide what I will be using for the up coming school year. I have signed my daughter up under a umberlla school which is what we have to do here in Tennessee. She is enrolled in the Family Christian Academy. I went yesterday did the paper work and they handed me a form that I needed to let them know what curriculum I will be using this fall. I'm not sure if time4learning is considered a whole curriculum for third grade. I wanted to use it for a core curriculum with other supplemental workbook and co-ed classes. decisions decisions... .

I always worry is time4learning going to be enough for my third grader. I don't want to be fretting over what I'm going to use starting in Aug, I just want to know that I'm making the right decision for my little girl. I also had to pay for testing up front for her at the end of third grade. my older daughter ask Mom what if Lexie doesn't test well after homeschooling her this year?? my daugther has struggled with her reading and I do have some concerns but that was documented when she was in PS so I don't think that will come back on Mom.

I know that homeschooling her is the right decision, now all that I need is the confidence that I'm making the right decsions so she will be equipped for third grade. I've always heard that third grade is the hardest, my question is will time4learning be enough learning material for her this year? Thanks for listening.

Blessings,

Cindy

Yca
    Blog Entries

cindy ... remember that t4l is used in schools as curriculum, and is created for the purpose of being an entire curriculum in a box. i have a 3rd grader myself, and a friend of mine is a teacher and constantly monitors the progress my children make ... i assure you that t4l is completely on target even if you didn't use anything else, but it sounds like you've added stuff to it.

several mom's have mentioned a book .... ummm... somebody help me out here!! something about all your kids needs to know in ___ grade. get that and seei f there are any problem areas you might need to review. but be confident in your choices. remember, no kid knows everything!!!
    ~ Yca ~

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Thank you so much Jess, your right I need to step back and take a breath lol. I know it's going to be all good, I just need to step back take a breath and enjoy the homeschooling experience. I've read up on doing year round school like 9 weeks on and 2 weeks off which sounds like a good idea, still thinking about that one.

I called today to sign my daughter up for piano lessons, and she will be doing some co-op classes from a Christian School, so all in all I know she will get what she needs. She can't wait to start her art class in the fall as well as her science class. So guess I do have things more in order then I thought.

My biggest thing will be getting her to start writing more, she can write well, but doesn't really like sitting down and writing in her journal or what ever topic I give her. She always says I don't know what to write and she sometimes gets frustrated, we will definetely being working on that.

Have a great weekend,

Cindy

Yca
    Blog Entries

cindy, OXYGEN IS YOUR FRIEND!!!! lol

i go thru the same thing with jack writing. i gave up and just let him write whatever he wants now. so much less stressful!!!

keep your head up and remember that all will be ok!!!!
    ~ Yca ~

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Try searching "writing prompts" on the Internet. You'll find lots of ideas.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!