Do you have to use every lesson provided?
    My3girls is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Do you have to use every lesson provided?

I have been doing my research on T4L and I have not been able to truly see how many lessons/quizzes/tests there are. Are you able to pick and choose which lessons to use and how many? Does this affect the grading system provided? How long does a typical day take to finish the lessons? My daughter will be finishing her 5th grade year with T4L but she is a little behind with math so I am thinking we may have to use 4th grade.

Thank you!

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Are you able to pick and choose which lessons to use and how many?
    Yes, you can assign whatever activities, quizzes, and tests that you would like for your child to complete.

Does this affect the grading system provided?
    Grades will be an average of what she has completed. I am not sure (I hope someone else responds), but I think she may have a separate grade for level 4 math and level 5 math because they are separate subjects. The grades are in a PDF that you can print or download. You can also cut and paste the info into an excel file. Then, you will have the ability to combine the two levels and add in any worksheet grades or grades from things you choose to do outside of T4L.

How long does a typical day take to finish the lessons?
    That will depend on the lesson and the child.

My daughter will be finishing her 5th grade year with T4L but she is a little behind with math so I am thinking we may have to use 4th grade.
    I am not sure I understand this statement. I can't tell. Is she currently using T4L grade 5 math and you want to change her back to grade 4? Or- do you mean she will be starting T4L now and completing the rest of this school year? Or- did you mean to type that she will be starting grade 5 in the fall with T4L? I don't think it matters you can have her in different grades for each subject. Anyway, be aware that right now there are two complete math programs out there. There is each chapter and then there is a practice chapter that is an entire math program. You can use it for additional work if necessary or instead of the other chapter if you prefer, so there is no need to complete all the math activities at a certain level.

HTH-
    Mandy
    Last edited by Mandy in TN; 03-27-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo