Do you use the Lesson plans?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Do you use the Lesson plans?

I'm just curious? We have not yet, but the perfectionist part of me is drawn to it;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

ccpeterson is offline Member

No Mary, I do not.
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

I do use them but loosely. Since we're using LA and social studies, I have those printed off. We're also using math but I didn't print that off as it was just 2-3 learning activities a day. No biggie in terms of planning. The lesson plans were helpful for the planning I do over the summer. It helps me figure out if we want to do it all, what to topics I want to supplement, what to schedule when so we're finished by teh end of the year, etc. I find I'm often referring to these during the school year the two that I have printed out. It's is helpful for me but I'm a visual person and would rather not have to go to the computer and find the file to view it.

To each his own though...
    Blessings,
    Adele

NewLifeAcademy is offline Member Regular

I do put the events of the day into my google calendar program. Since my dd does not do a lot of seat work I feel better that I can "see" what was accomplished for the day/week.

sisymay is offline Member

I do use the lesson plans because when my 9 yr dd was in school, she was so behind and they would not help her.
    Since we've been homeschooling, I have had to play catch up to get her up to level.
    In our state GA there are no laws regarding WHAT to teach, but I at least want to make sure she learns what I *think* she should learn.

JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

How do you use the lesson plans?

Do you mean in order to pick and choose what activities you would use?

I have been just having them do the next lessons from their launch page.

Thanks, Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

gulfmiss is offline Member Newbie

Default Using Lesson Plans

I use them to track what we have done. As my granddaughter completes an activity, I highlight the number for it , write the date out to the left side of it, and put the grade on the other side, if there is one.

I would love to have the lesson plans in a format in which--after we print them--there would be a blank for the date completed and another one for the grade. I guess I should add that to my wish list.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Gulfmiss, do you print reports? That's an easier way to record dates and grades.

New lesson plans are being designed, and they are really nice. You'll be able to print worksheets and access answer keys right from the lesson plans and they will include supply lists for science. They are also "prettier". I can't wait!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

gulfmiss is offline Member Newbie

Default Print reports

Yes, I do print the reports also and keep them. I know, I know--I'm overdoing it, but I'm a little OCD! I can read the info better if I put it on the lesson plans. I am old so I have trouble reading the smaller print on the reports. I'm a homeschooling grandma! LOL I usually run reports on the last day of the month and I keep them in a binder.

mamzie is offline Junior Member Newbie

Yes, I always use a lesson plan because it makes my work more easier and clearer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast