Feedback on the program
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kzszdzdz is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Feedback on the program

I would like to get feedback from current users of the program. My child is on an 8th grade level.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Feedback on the program

Time4Learning includes math and language arts for grades K-8. Science and social studies are included as a free bonus for most grades. There is no eighth grade science or social studies. After fourth or fifth grade, the difference in the science and social studies levels is a difference in content, not in difficulty. For that reason, most students who haven't yet used Time4Learning's earlier science and social studies lessons begin with fifth or sixth grade science and social studies. They are usually quite challenging. I especially like the seventh grade social studies program, as it is an excellent overview of American history. I have used the seventh grade social studies program for my high school students.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

We LOVE T4L! We started using it last Oct. and fell in love immediately!
    My boys used 5th and 6th grade last year. We just started 6th and 7th grade 2 weeks ago.
    I recommend it to anyone that will listen!LOL
    My Mom(retired teacher) was really impressed with the program as well!!
    I am totally hoping that they come up with a high school program in the next 2 years so we can use it!

mom2five is offline Junior Member Newbie

We just started, and we love it too!

It's keeping us organized and on track. Exactly what I was hoping for!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

that is great to hear! i love hearing new users getting excited. we've been using t4l for ayear now and our lives have never been easier. if i had known homeschooling could be this easy, i never would have put my kids in public school in he first place.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kzszdzdz
    I would like to get feedback from current users of the program. My child is on an 8th grade level.
    GREAT Question! We began Time4Learning back in "2007" after homeschooling for years. In all the previous year end testings they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER made the progress they did in math after just one year with Time4Learning. It was incredible. I wish I could take the credit, but all I did was make sure I was available. The interactive graphics, the way the lessons model what they want the student to do, really grabbed my children by the heart and helped information to STICK and STAY PUT! I can't wait to hear what you think after you give it a try! (Big Smile)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kess is offline Member

We just started T4L this year and so far we are loving it too! Last year in PS (6th Grade) my DD started to fall behind in math. So far, with 7th Grade T4L she is doing excellent! She’s been getting 100 on every quiz! And, it is the exact same math that her PS is teaching. In school there were so many distractions in the classroom and she was embarrassed to ask the teacher to repeat something if she didn’t hear it or understand it the first time. Now, the quiet surroundings and the one on one has made such a difference. I am so happy I found T4L!

Kess

CyndiLJ is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are back to Time4Learning after using it for supplement for summers for 2 years, and to address the needs of our internationally adopted son who came home at 8 1/2 years old speaking Russian. Two weeks ago we decided to pull our 5th grader out of public school and pursue full-time homeschooling and Time4Learning was first on our list for curriculum. It is engaging, it is high level in terms of scope and sequence, it is on par or above our local public school. We are not using it as a full curriculum, but as a core which we are adding to. I have added Saxon math, lapbooking for history and science, have purchased a couple of cool text books for writing, and will do some spelling this year but we are almost beyond the need for much. Time4Learning assures us we are following some sequence and then we flesh it out with our other curriculum. We are BUSY all day! Right now we are only using T4L for Language Arts and Math, will begin science and history next week as we are now getting rolling well.

We love this program, it has been helpful for all 3 of our sons, and particularly in that it allows us to adjust grade level for our newly adopted son so he can go back and get the support for phonics, etc. which has been skipped over in school. The material is thorough and going back to redo lessons not quite understood helps a lot as well. This is better than typical public school worksheets in that it is more interactive and yet effectively does the same thing by allowing practice of presented materials.

I also love that I can pull up results without grading, it is simply done for me! We are homeschooling under the umbrella of a public school but with lots of flexibility, T4L keeps us able to prove progress and provide documentation...and I know the basics that will make the school system happy are being covered well.

Now if they only would come up with a 9-12 program, we would be all set!!

Warmly,

A Happily Returning Customer
    Cindy LaJoy
    www.lajoyfamily.blogspot.com

Kirahfaye is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter is in the 8th grade and we just started full time with T4L homeschool this week. Not only does she enjoy the program, she can navigate it easier than I can! LOL! She even looks forward to the lessons that have the voice-overs and silly characters more than the ones that she has to just read on her own. The fact that she can go back and review lessons and/or retake quizzes and tests is boosting her confidence, as well. I'm discovering that's one of the glories of homeschooling.

AprilMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are in our first week, but I'm not sure if we will continue. We will give it a few more days. This science and social studies are not interactive, and my fifth grader prefers reading from a text. We are only fifty percent pleased with the program at this time.

Kay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast