First time Homeschooler. Four kids. Grades 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 8th. Terrified!!!
    Heather Lazzell-Tyler is offline Junior Member Newbie

Exclamation First time Homeschooler. Four kids. Grades 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 8th. Terrified!!!

I just want to make sure that this curriculum will challenge them and help them succeed in knowledge. to be honest. My 2 oldest are very bored in school. they've been in our small Christian school that uses abeka and I love it. But CJ, my oldest. can do the work in his sleep. We are only giving it one year to see if this will work for us. With the interactive teaching it seems like it will grab their attention. What are your ideas? Time is ticking down!!!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Heather.

Honestly, every child is different. So while this may be the perfect curriculum for my daughter (which it is), it may not be for yours. Or even, while it may be perfect for 3 of your kids, there may be one that won't do well with it. We all have different learning styles and teaching styles. The best way to know is to try it for a few months. Time4Learning is a month-to-month membership. So it's not like making an investment into a curriculum which you are stuck with for an entire year or longer.
    One of the benefits of using Time4Learning is that a student has access to a grade level above and a grade level below. Some students are not at grade level across the board in every subject. So if your student needs to be challenged in math, let's say, you can move him up to the next grade level for that subject. You are able to change grade levels as often as needed. It's very easy to make the adjustments. Also, your students are able to work at their own pace.
    I hope this helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass