Hello From Texas!
    Selena is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello From Texas!

Hello,

My name is Selena and I homeschool our eight year old, Levi. In the past we have pulled from various resources to homeschool Levi and it's been fine. I was starting to grow "antsy" wondering if there was another alternative that would capture his attention more and allow him to work more independently. I did a google search "on-line homeschool" and I found you guys!
    Today was our "first day of school" here and it's been an exciting day. I keep thumbing through all of the activities and trying to become as familiar as I can with T4L. Levi worked on a few lessons and he has really enjoyed it! I can't believe it's only 20.00 a month! God is good! This is such a blessing!

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Selena. Welcome to the board!

I've "pulled from various resources" to teach my kids, too, so I know just what you mean. I like Time4Learning because I don't feel guilty when I don't have time to get all creative. We do Time4Learning every day now and save the extras for when we have time.

At less than $180 for a school year for FOUR subjects, it is a bargain. I've paid that much for a teacher's manual and student book many times. That's just for one subject, and then I have to grade the work myself.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Selena, (((Waving)))

My name is Mary, from Florida. We have been using Time4Learning with all four of my boys since last July and absolutely ADORE this program! I just blogged our year end testing results after just 8mos with T4L'ing.

http://homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/501372/

We are finishing up our tenth year of homeschooling and have never had the results that Time4Learning gave us. Praise the Lord!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Selena is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Mary ((Waves back))

I know! I just read your post, it's very encouraging and confirming! My Aunt Kathy homeschooled five boys - never a dull moment around her house, it's wonderful! I'll have to visit your blog!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

LOL, no never a dull moment! Speaking of dull moments I am packing now, because I am going out of state tomorrow. Just me, my husband and four boys for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours! Never a dull moment!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

ergon4 is offline Member Regular

Welcome to T4L, Selena, and welcome to the parent forum, too. I hope you will continue to enjoy the T4L community, because it is a wonderfully supportive one. This is a terrific place to share ideas, ask questions, and get inspired! I am using T4L for my sixth grade son, and it has been an incredibly positive experience. Good luck with everything!

Kerry
    Raising homegrown geeks...one laptop at a time. Check out my Topsy-Techie blog at http://topsytechie.wordpress.com/