Help !

Thread: Help !

cheryl andrus is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help !

Hello all I am Cheryl and new to T4L but not new to HS. I work full time and need help with having a place for Kim to go and work when I am busy. I want to set up assisgnments for her but I am just not sure how to go about doing that. I have signed on as parent and student and still haven't been able to get it. Maybe someone can help me out. I have looked at a lot of things and have liked what I have seen.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The curriculum used by Time4Learning was developed by Compass Learning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license which allows them to offer it to families and individuals. Because the assignments function was intended to be used in a classroom, it is not designed to make individual assignments.

Time4Learning has repackaged the curriculum to make it suitable for individuals. Be sure to read the Getting Started Guide and all of the Hints. Just follow the flashing arrow OR use a combination of the lesson plans and the activity finder to schedule lessons.

You can also hit the little "Search" link at the top of this forum to look for other posts regarding assignments and scheduling.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

cheryl andrus is offline Junior Member Newbie

Color=indigo][/color] I have read those and not sure what I am looking for really. I have completed 6 yrs of hs and now with yr seven I just need more hands on from Kim. She is LD and I work full time ......... Nights ( sigh ) and I just need somewhere she can go and work without me having to be there all of the time. Yes I want to check in and help her when she isn't getting it but I also want someplace she can just go and work in a safe and learning environment. Maybe someone could give me suggestions or things that they do that work so I can make this happen.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Cheryl, I imagine others will soon be along with some ideas.

We follow the arrow and do the activities in the suggested sequence. It makes it really easy.

I just tell my kids something like, "Do one language arts lesson activity, two math lesson activities, one social studies lesson activity, one science lesson activity, and one language arts extension lesson activity every day.

"Do any quizzes as you come to them, as soon as you finish the page of lesson activities the quiz is associated with.

"If you come to an activity that looks like it is going to take a very long time, work on it for half an hour and then make a note to discuss it with me that evening, so we can decide how to schedule completion of that activity."

"If you come to an activity that requires an item we do not have handy, make a note to discuss it with me that evening and we can decide when to get the needed supplies and complete that activity."

If you preview the activities yourself a few days in advance, you can eliminate the problem of running into an activity that will take an extra-long time or that requires special supplies, because you will know in advance.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!