Help!

Thread: Help!

mommy2girlsx2 is offline Junior Member

Question Help!

Hello

I am Natashia mommy to two girls Zoe (10) and Ally (2.5) & we live in KY
    My oldest is currently attending public school in Letcher County KY we are going to be relocating to the Georgetown/Lexington KY area and I want to take her out of public school and start homeschool. My intention is to try this out for a year and see how it goes. I am honesty overwhelmed and I have no idea how to even begin to make sure I comply with state laws. My sister lives in TN and homeschools and she uses an Umbrella school can someone tell me if I need to do this in KY? I really appreciate any information you guys can provide!

Thanks
    Natashia

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, mommy2girlsx2. Each state has its own homeschool laws, and they are all very different.

The best place to learn your state's homeschool laws is your state's Department of Education website.

Here's the homeschool packet from Kentucky's DOE. Remember that just because you are required to maintain certain records, that does not mean you must provide them to anyone else.

Here is information specifically about using Time4Learning to homeschool in Kentucky.

I hope this helps you get started!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!