Help!!!

Thread: Help!!!

ministrymom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs up Help!!!

I am thinking of joining and really want some good info and reviews on this program. My husband is a pastor and I am a stay at home mom of 5 almost 6 kids. My two oldest will be in 1st and K next year. My son who is in school right now is in a private school and we were looking to save money next year and homeschool him. Lets face it, things are tight for everyone right now. I really feel I can do it with the right programs/curriculum. I was looking through the lessons for K on here and they seem to be what my son in private school has been learning. I was very happy to see that! I was wondering how everyone else liked this program and if it has been a good choice for them? also, with my husband being a pastor, what he will be learning for science is a BIG deal for us. Is there things that we would have to change, take out, look out for? or is it more or less friendly to all beliefs? ok, i will just ask it: is it a christian based program or is it evolution based? sorry just wondering, i need to know it is an important issue to our family. thank you for any and all info!
    Mom of Caleb '05, Jered '06, Isaac '07, David and Mira '09, Baby Zoe Faith due in June!

Walk by faith and not by sight!!!

Wmoon is offline Senior Member

Time4Learning is an online secular curriculum. Each of the secular activities in the Time4Learning curriculum is standards-based, and correlates with the average public school curriculum.

*~*Carol*~*
    The potential for happiness is all around you.
    You just have to dip a toe in.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome! Families of all faiths use Time4Learning. You might be interested in visiting our Christian forum, or reading the following article: Should Christians Use a Secular Curriculum?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to time4learning. After you check out the forums that have already been suggested, stop on over to the New York Forum. We'd love to have you. I have an eight year old third grader. We have used time4learning since preK and we love it. We don't have any religious issues with the program but we are secular. I don't recall anything that would be offensive to a Christian. You could look over the lesson descriptions and see what you think of them.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

pandie44 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I wanted to say "hi" and share for a moment my new experience with Time4Learning. This is my third month using this with my 9yr old son and 5yr old daughter and I have been very happy with it up to this point. The lessons are fun, informative and catch the attention of my children. I'm happy with the information they are retaining. My son made a lemonade stand the other day and told me the difference between 'producers' and 'consumers' (he's learning about economics on here) and I delighted in this. As a Christian mom I have found it very easy to use this program. I supplement with Bible lessons and my input when needed into the lessons such as ...reminding them that God made the plants, animals, planets and so forth as we hit certain topics. This program has been a breath of fresh air for me in this season of my life. I have used Christian Curriculum in the past...Bob Jones, Alpha Omega, A Beka and found them to be geared toward the classic 'classroom setting'... not to mention the cost of those programs. I work part time as a church secretary so the added benefit of this program keeping records of work done by my children is a time saver for me. I look forward to using this program for 5th & 1st Grade starting in July of this year.

maryc927 is offline Member

We are a Christian New York family using Time4Learning with our two children. This is our second month and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Our two kids are just a couple of years older than yours but the curriculum still fits well. The report generator that you can print out from here for your child(ren) will be especially good considering that we live in New York and need to have things well-documented. My husband and myself are very impressed with the way the kids have taken to their lessons, their skills have improved and with this program, we can see where they are for there grades. It is also very cost-effective, I have done at least one Christian on-line program with our kids and it was way overboard price-wise, this is so much better at just $20.00/month for the first child and $15.00 for every child after that.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I totally agree about the cost. I have seen so many curriculums (is that the right word?) that were really expensive. I find this very easy to afford. But for me, the most important thing is how much my son loves it and how much he is learning.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

home&publicschoolteacher is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Secular VS. Nonsecular

If you are interested in the religious aspect for science only, you should consider the A Beka curriculum. They are Christian Based especially in Science. You could purchase just the science and use Time4learning as an additional resource.