help!

Thread: help!

bluecece is offline Junior Member

Default help!

First Let Me explain our family.
    We live in a small town that happens to have 3 elementary schools and I asked the superintendent if he place my child in another school. My son has a couple of bullies. He has came home with bruised ribs as soon as they healed another child punch in the belly. I have talk to the counselor and she hasn't even talked to my child about anything. My son is in the 5th grade he cries before school and after school. I tried to apply to the Georgia Cyber Academy and the Georgia Connections Academy, and I didn't make the enrollment deadlines. I want to save my child from the bulling can someone tell me the steps to get started in homeschooling? Does this site offer all that I need to get my son educated? What else would I need? Do I have to resign him from his current school and fill out the home school forms? what about the CRCT? How do I find out where they do the end of the year test can someone one just direct me on the way. I need to know as soon as possible.
    thanks
    very worried mother

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning is aligned to state and national standards, so yes, it will do a fine job of educating your son. He will have access to three grade levels, 4,5, and 6 within each subject. This is nice for times when he might be a little ahead in one subject area, but maybe a little behind in another. He can work at the level he needs and he works at his own pace. He will not take the CRCT because it is not required for homeschoolers. You have to file a letter of "intent" to homeschool in GA. You will need to withdraw him from school. You will report monthly attendance. Some districts allow you to report attendance by attaching your form and emailing it, other districts have you mail it in. He has to put in 180 days (his public school days this year count toward the 180), and Standardized testing is every 3 years. Many local homeschool support groups offer the testing.

You can read about homeschooling in GA:

Georgia Dept of Education

Georgia Home Educators Association

GA Homeschooling

Homeschool Legal Defense Association
    Joyfully,
    Jackie