Help!

Thread: Help!

Kinra79 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help!

I need help deciding whether this program will help my daughter she is currently in the 8th grade but her teachers this year is saying that her reading level is at a 4th grade level. Will this program work for additional help equavlent to a tutor? If so what level would I start her at? 4th? And have her work from there? Please anyone that can help answer I have to make a move ASAP! She can't go into HS like this!

Thanks to anyone who responds..

Kinra

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I would set her at level 4 if that is her reading level and then she will have access to levels 3, 4, and 5 within each subject. If something is too hard, move down in that subject and so forth.

Here are links to help you learn to use T4L to your best advantage:

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

How to Homeschool is a super e-book for those new to homeschooling.

Best wishes and be sure to let us know if you need further help. Check out lots of the different forums for great info, tips, and resources.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Time4Learning can work as a tutor since it is designed for use not only as homeschool, but afterschool work and summer bridge work. If you are going to homeschool it might work well for your daughter for the reasons that Jackie stated, your daughter will have access to more than one grade at a time, which means you can really customize her education.

You might also check out the Michigan state homeschool forum for some specific ideas from parents who homeschool in your state. I'm sure they would love to have you over there.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Kinra79 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks to my responses. Do you think the program will help? Based on your own experiences with using it.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

My daughter has some learning challenges and does not read on grade level, so I will say that it does help based on our experiences. It will most likely hold her attention due to the flash animation and humor and allow her to feel much less pressured (because she works at HER pace, not the pace of the rest of the class).

T4L offers a 2 week trial, so you have nothing to lose! Let her try it on for size. Just remember to not have her try to do too much at one sitting. Pace yourself...this is NOT brick and mortar school, you call the shots according to your own child's learning style, ability to sit and work, interest, and needs.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie