Help with Odessey Writer
    KimberlyC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help with Odessey Writer

Hi. I have written to support asking for help on this, and they replied, but I still am not able to grade my daughter's work.

I login onto her T4L and go to the assignment. I am able to open the piece and can click on the check mark for self-assessment and perform the Rubric. But I cannot "grade" the assignment. Is this not possible at all? If I click on the link in the report area (link is called N/A), it has an area for grade and comments, but I cannot seem to find where I can access this to actually apply a grade and any comments .

Help?

dawnt is offline Junior Member Newbie

Kimberly,

I can't give you an answer, but I can tell you what we did.

I would let my daughter type up her paper in the Odyssey program, then I would print all the pages off and hand grade them. I would then keep them in sheet protectors in a three ring binder. They are great for taking with you if you have a portfolio meeting. They are also a great way for you and your child to look back and see how her writing has progressed.

Just my $.02. Hope this helps

Dawn

KimberlyC is offline Junior Member Newbie

That's a great idea Dawn! Thanks!!!

dawnt is offline Junior Member Newbie

You are most welcome!! Glad I could help.

Dawn

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Kimberly,
    We've just added some hints on using the Odyssey writer to our hints section. Check it out - Odyssey Hints.

Also, we have some great hints on using the reports section. That may be helpful to you as well.

Hope this helps.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Lisa333 is offline Member Regular

I don't think that there is a way for parents to put the grade into the report. I spoke to Time4Learning about it, they are very apologetic but they don't seem able to give parent's access to put in the grades.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, CompassLearning only makes the grading function available to schools. It is not available to individual users.

This thread may be of interest:

https://www.time4learning.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

BetleyFamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Unfortunately, CompassLearning only makes the grading function available to schools. It is not available to individual users.

This thread may be of interest:

https://www.time4learning.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265
    I'm new, so excuse me if this has been discussed and I haven't gotten that far, yet. I was wondering, though, is this the same reason we can't use the assignment feature? If so, are there any actions taking place to try and get these features made available to homeschooling parents? These features would make T4L, so much more valuable to my family.

Thanks,
    Christine

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, the limitation also applies to the "Assignments" feature, and I agree that both functions would be valuable. This is the way CompassLearning provides its program to individual learners, so any "fix" will have to be a modification made by Time4Learning.

It is on the list as an item to be addressed at some point. Other, more frequently-requested modifications are being worked on right now (such as providing a parent login that is separate from the student's).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!