Help so much info don't know where to start!
    Moe
    Moe is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Help so much info don't know where to start!

I have two children that im trying to home school. One is going into the eighth grade, still waiting for report cards. The other child is going to the eleventh grade. Do you have any suggestions that will help me get started. Please help!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Welcome to Time4Learning.
    I will tell you that, in general, Time4Learning is aimed at younger students, through 8th grade. Where I would point you first is the Welcome to Homeschooling Guide. It is free, and a great place to start. Second, I would send you over to the State Forum for New Jersey. The moderator and other members over there are full of state specific information and guidance and suggestions regarding laws in your state. I hope these two places help you get started on your homeschooling journey. Best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Moe, I'm Kathi. I'm the moderator of the New Jersey Forum. The first thing I think you should do is stop, pour yourself a great cup of tea of coffee and sit down and relax. It's not has hard as you think it will be. The good thing is you are in one of the best states to homeschool in. Get connected with several of the many great homeschool groups in the area. There is a link in the New Jersey forum that will guide you to some in your area. Some of them have wonderful groups for teens. Let me know what part of the state you live in and I will direct you to some of the groups. Attend some of the activities and talk to the other moms. That is the best thing I found, just talking to the other moms. So come on over, introduce yourself and let's see what we can do to help.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Moe, I can certainly relate to your panic - I have so been there. Reaching out and finding others in your area and with kids of similar age is really the best route. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you find your path.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Moe

Thank you so much.

Moe

Moe

Thank you will need help lol, you are too kind.
    Moe

Moe

Hi, I'm in NJ and there is just so much going on. If there is a way you could contact me or I could contact you, it is easier to explain that way. I did get more information but, I just need a little guidance.
    Thank you again. Everyone is just so helpful and kind.

Moe