Hidden cost?

Thread: Hidden cost?

ladylucas is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Hidden cost?

Hello, I want to homeschool my 2nd grader and like what I have found so far, but I am worried that once I sign up there will be hidden cost for testing to ensure he is up to speed. I want a program that offers all the core curriculim without the need for additional testing each year to ensure his advancement to the next grade. Is this the program for us?

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladylucas View Post
    Hello, I want to homeschool my 2nd grader and like what I have found so far, but I am worried that once I sign up there will be hidden cost for testing to ensure he is up to speed. I want a program that offers all the core curriculim without the need for additional testing each year to ensure his advancement to the next grade. Is this the program for us?

~*~Welcome ~*~

There is no hidden cost here for Time4Learning.com. As for the additional testing to ensure advancement to the next grade. Depending on the state you live in on what you HAVE to do or to show. I live in Florida and have the option of either end of the year testing or a portfolio review. Both of which will cost money of my own. But that is part of my homeschool expense. I can share my son improved by 1 1/2 year in reading and 2 years in Math. But there are some states that you do not have to do anything but a letter of intent.

So I hope that answered you question. I recommend you join your your state forum for more info on what is required in your own state.

State Groups!
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

Daph is offline Member

I've been a member for quite a few months, and I've never encountered any hidden fees. Our state required additional testing, though. You should look up homeschool information for your state to see what they require for home schoolers.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are no hidden fees.

Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school. Schools have their own requirements. A curriculum is for homeschooling parents to use to teach their own children. Homeschoolers are subject to their own state's laws regarding homeschooling, and that may or may not include testing (which you would have to arrange on your own).

With Time4Learning, your student can work at any grade level. He can work at different grade levels for different subjects. You can decide to have him skip lessons or repeat them as necessary. He does not have to finish one grade level before moving to another.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!