High school science labs
    mummy21 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default High school science labs

Hello,

I use T4L when my son was in 5th- 6th grade somewhere around there, he is now in 10th grade and we are looking at coming back to T4L. The only thing I am a little iffy on, is there are no hands on science labs. He is a very kinesthetic/visual learner and would need some type of labs he can do at home. Does any one have any ideas what I could do to supplement this part of his learning. I am sure we will start with physical science. Thank you.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: High school science labs

Hi! I had to get over the idea that my kids' science labs had to perfectly align with their online science lessons. Especially at this age, they are able to remember what they learned doing a lab and think about it when the idea comes up in their online work . . . or vice versa.

So, I just bought a few high-quality science sets. I shop on Amazon for that kind of thing. "High-quality" refers to the value of the educational content . . . not necessarily the price.

Some of the Lego kits with movable parts are great for Physical science. This one is for ages 7-15. Older kids can extend their learning by adding their own ideas to the projects in the book. Here is one about Inventions for ages 8-80. And don't forget chemistry sets!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: High school science labs

We found plenty of lab kits that could be purchased online. Some made just for homeschoolers!

zo_ey is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs up Re: High school science labs

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi! I had to get over the idea that my kids' science labs had to perfectly align with their online science lessons. Especially at this age, they are able to remember what they learned doing a lab and think about it when the idea comes up in their online work . . . or vice versa.

So, I just bought a few high-quality science sets. I shop on Amazon for that kind of thing. "High-quality" refers to the value of the educational content . . . not necessarily the price.

Some of the Lego kits with movable parts are great for Physical science. This one is for ages 7-15. Older kids can extend their learning by adding their own ideas to the projects in the book. Here is one about Inventions for ages 8-80. And don't forget chemistry sets!
    I'm new here and I was looking for information of this sort for the younger of two nephews. Thank you.