Highschool for twins
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robin
  • 1 Post By Miguel'smom

Thread: Highschool for twins

David1225 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Highschool for twins

I have twins going into 9th grade this year. I know HS with T4L is new and as such there is little experience with it. My question is very basic. Why should I pick this curriculum over something like Abeka or Global Student Network or K12? I like what I have seen and most of the reviews have been very good for the K-8 courses. The only complaint is that there are gaps.
    The HS demos that I have looked at have looked juvenile (I think that's the word I want) and am worried about the actual content.

Thanks

Robin is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure anyone can tell you if the curriculum would be better for your twins than the others that you listed. What kind of learning style do they have? We've used the Compass Learning software at a high school level and the materials are not juvenile. They do keep the student engaged, but the content is thorough and requires thought (and note-taking). What gaps are you concerned about? Perhaps you could get the scope and sequence to see if it will fit your needs?
    We've also used A Beka in the past and Time4Learning is hard to compare to it. A Beka uses an entirely different approach to teaching (books, workbooks, busy work, and parent-led teaching).
    jpenn likes this.

Miguel'smom is offline Member
    Blog Entries

I think it depends on you, each program you are talking about are far more expensive. Currently I view the classes as pre-honors classes until my son does pass the AP exam.
    jpenn likes this.