History????

Thread: History????

kogs is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default History????

I am considering using Time4learning for my soon to be 1st grader but I'm really curious as to why there is no history curriculum with this program? I've looked around this site for answers but have not run across anything. Am I missing something?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Time4Learning offers a complete language arts and math program, with science and social studies available at most levels as a free bonus.

A first grader will be offered thirteen animated social studies lessons that include information about presidents, our flag, and national symbols. My kids loved these so much! I did have one child who wasn't quite ready for them in first grade, but most of my kids went through these social studies lessons both in first grade AND in second.

In addition, all of the first grade language arts extensions lessons are centered around fun science and social studies units. This was a terrific way for me to integrate science and social studies into my own kids' language learning, because the first lesson in each unit taught a lot about the topic. Some of the topics are Pollution, Oceans, Planets, Weather, Native Americans, Early America, America Grows, Farm Animals, Cultural Holidays, Neighborhoods, Community Helpers, Travel, and many more. We spent about a week on each unit. We checked out library books and visited websites on that week's topic.

Years later, science and social studies are areas where my own kids excel.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Pashta is offline Junior Member

History is a touchy subject. "History is told by the winners", you know, and it can be subjective and varies. I teach my kids History at home myself.