How do you use this when it's not "accredited"?
    Sharon Bumpass Markham is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question How do you use this when it's not "accredited"?

I've been circling around Time4Learning for a few weeks now. My 16 yr old ASD son seems to do well with it, but I learned it doesn't count toward high school credits. I am in a place where I am having to homeschool (long story, but my son did not do well once he hit high school - even in the special school geared towards kids like him). That being said, I have no idea what I'm doing. If it doesn't count towards credit, why do it...except for the sheer "joy" of learning? I doubt my son would be willing, at least at this point, to do two separate programs when he can do one. Help?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

If you do a program that awards credits, you are not technically "homeschooling". You are enrolled in an online school, which is very different from the legal definition of homeschooling. A lot of people mistakenly refer to enrollment in an online school as "homeschooling", because it is done at home.

In homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record. You make all decisions regarding what your student must do to earn your homeschool diploma. The best place to learn about homeschooling high school, with printable transcripts, diplomas, and lots of advice, is Let's Homeschool High School.com . LetsHomeschoolHighschool.com .

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

schoollife123 is offline Junior Member

Thanks for that information Kelly, I never really thought about it that way. Sharon, good luck, I hope you can figure everything out!!!

sandra is offline Junior Member

Hi Sharon,
    You should connect with homeschoolers from your state. They can help you navigate through high school. I have a graduating senior this year (homeschooled) I followed my state requirements for graduation and she has completed all her required subjects as well as the SAT's and some community college classes.(Connecticut) I am using the transcript form from HSLDA, but there are many options out there. She had no problem applying for and getting accepted to college. He is not going to get a public school diploma, but as Kelly mentioned, you are the teacher and administration. I will be signing my daughter's diploma. Congrats that it is going well!
    -Sandra
    Mom and Teacher to
    Reyna
    Ryan
    Mason
    Karissa