How does T4L transition to either regular school, or home school?
    TAB70 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How does T4L transition to either regular school, or home school?

Hi I am currently Virtual home schooling two of my kids. One in 3rd and one in 4k. My son in 3rd is a reluctant reader and writer and last year I let our teacher talk us into changing curriculum's From K12 to Calvert. It is not working for us and I am contemplating pulling him for this year and using T4L. Has anyone had any difficulties doing this? If this really works well we may stick with it until 8th grade. How is the transition from this to HS? Thanks for your help.
    Amy In WI

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TAB70 View Post
    Hi I am currently Virtual home schooling two of my kids. One in 3rd and one in 4k. My son in 3rd is a reluctant reader and writer and last year I let our teacher talk us into changing curriculum's From K12 to Calvert. It is not working for us and I am contemplating pulling him for this year and using T4L. Has anyone had any difficulties doing this? If this really works well we may stick with it until 8th grade. How is the transition from this to HS? Thanks for your help.
    Amy In WI
    Hi Amy,

Welcome to Time4Learning.com. I recommend you join your state group as a great starter point. Here is the forum link for Wisconsin. I am not familiar with either one of those curriculum. I pray someone who is will stop by and help you out.

Blessings to you.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Amy. The curriculum used by Time4Learning has been developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has obtained a license that allows them to offer it to individuals.

The curriculum aligns to state standards and is used in many schools. Students using Time4Learning generally score quite well on standardized tests.

No curriculum is a perfect fit for ALL students. Time4Learning is VERY different from Calvert and considerably more animated than K12. Have you tried the demo lessons? They might help you decide if T4L will work for your son.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!