How many computers do I need to do this w/ 4 children?
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default How many computers do I need to do this w/ 4 children?

We are thinking of buying some laptops? I have four boys and I was wondering if we could just do two in the morning and two in the afternoon?

Just curious, how YOU do it? (smile)

Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You don't want to know how WE do it. Everyone in our household of eight members has his own computer, and I have three of my own. We don't have so many computers because of Time4Learning, but we probably chose Time4Learning because we enjoy computers so much.

That said . . . I don't think many children would spend all day on this program, so your plan of two children in the morning and two in the afternoon should certainly work. If you use other things to supplement Time4Learning, you could have the students who are not working on the computer do penmanship, art, music, and so forth.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We also have our own computers! I agree that I think one reason T4L was so appealing to us is because we are all computer junkies. My hubby and I each have a laptop and my oldest son ( age 8 ) has a desktop. When my youngest ( age 3 ) starts pre-k, he will also have a desktop (an older one, used just for school).

When we travel, one of the laptops is used for school. So it works out. But I think that your plan of 2 in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m. should work nicely.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks you guys! I am already starting to shop around!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/