I am thinking of using T$L have a few questions need help
    melstaw is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Default I am thinking of using T$L have a few questions need help

I am new to homeschooling this year and have some questions in regards to this program. What I see tells me that it is a very great program but you may have to supplement some stuff. I was wandering if anyone has resources on what to supplement and if you even need them. I was also wandering if T4L has a program that helps you keep track of records and if not does anyone know any places I can go to get help with this so I can keep records for my state. I was also wandering if I would like to ever put my children back in public school if this program would pass my states requirement MO. Thank you.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello.

We've been using time4learning for 5 years now and have used it both as our sole curriculum and have supplemented, mainly science. When we've supplemented, it's been with experiments, a co-op, educational movies, or just lots of good reading. Co-ops are groups of homeschooling families who gather for certain subjects. The parents agree to teach a particular subject which they may be strong in or have a passion for.

Time4Learning does have a reports section that provides progress reports regarding lessons, activities, and assessment scores. It also tracks student usage by date. Parents can log in and review the reports at any time. The tests and progress reports are printable so parents can track progress and, if desired, include reports in portfolios. The printable reports can be sorted according to subject, tests scores only, only certain dates, etc.

As for your question regarding your state requirements, it's recommended that you review your state’s legal requirements before choosing any program. Since you are new to homeschooling, I recommend reading this free “Welcometo Homeschooling Guide”. This GettingStarted Guide also explains how to use Time4Learning as a homeschool program. And just to add, Time4Learning does meet and, in some cases, exceeds state educational standards. Time4Learning is used by parents for portfolio reviews and by accredited schools.

It may help to check out the Missouri state forum. You may get some more specific answers there that would be helpful for you regarding your state requirements.

Lastly, I just want to say homeschooling is the best choice we've ever made for our family. It may seem a bit scary at first, but just take it one day at a time. You'll do great! It's not as scary or difficult as it seems.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 07-28-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass