If my child is not up to grade level can I start them at a lower grade?
    galaxy77 is offline Junior Member

Smile If my child is not up to grade level can I start them at a lower grade?

My daughter is in 6th grade in public schools in Oklahoma City area. Her school work/reading levels/math etc...are at about a 3rd to 4th grade level. Can I start her with Time4learning at a lower grade level. Also in Oklahoma do they have to have so many hours per day of home school? I am would really like to do this but, I work full time and am a single parent. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello.

You can start your daughter at a 4th grade level, and she would have access to 3rd grade and 5th grade. Time4Learning allows you to have access to a grade level below for review or a grade level above for enrichment. She would be able to work at her own pace and repeat lessons/quizzes as often as needed.

There are other forums that you can peek into for more information on homeschooling. This Time4Learning forum here is for working parents.

I just answered this question on another thread for a parent who wanted to know more about homeschooling. I'll share the link here so you can see what I said to her. I do have a couple of friends who are single moms and are homeschooling. So it is possible, and easier if your kids are older and self-disciplined or you have an adult who can supervise while you are at work.

Please feel free to ask questions if there is anything else you'd like to know about time4learning or homeschooling.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

nkonitski is offline Junior Member Newbie

I was actually wondering the very same thing so I am glad to have found this thread!

My daughter is in the 6th grade. It was part way through the school year that I knew this year she would be retained and that was when I started thinking of homeschooling. I believe starting her at a 5th grade level will help her tremendously, as I tried unsuccessfully since 5th grade to have her retained. I like that she will be able to review 4th grade info where she needs to be then work above grade level where she is able.