If you are planning on trying t4l for just a month
    JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

Default If you are planning on trying t4l for just a month

I hope someone can benefit from my experience.

If you are wanting to try out t4l for a month to see if you and your child like it, I would recommend that you do it in a month where you can continue the membership should you like it. Be aware that it is 30 days and not a calendar month. Also, you have to cancel it if you don't want to be charged for the next month.

My plan was to try a month, cancel it and then sign up again when we got our income tax.

I really wanted to go ahead and let my membership lapse and try my other curriculum again.

However, It would have been so much easier if I'd known a few things. For example, you lose your records. Of course you can print them, but they are gone from your t4l portfolio. When you start at the beginning of the the lessons, an arrow guides you to your next lessons. However, if you cancel and start up again, you will no longer have the handy little arrow pointing to your next assignment.

So go ahead and try it for a month, but do it at a time when you can continue the membership and have your records and everything uninteruppted!
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

When members want to take a break for any reason, they do have they option of requesting their account to be made dormant, at a charge of just four dollars per month. This represents costs incurred by Time4Learning to maintain a student's records on the system. When you want to return, your friendly arrow will be there to greet you! (Time4Learning does recommend that members print their student's records on a regular basis.)

Billing terms are agreed to when you sign up, but it never hurts to have a reminder. Thanks for the heads up, Jennifer, especially since fifteen percent of "new" registrations on Time4Learning belong to members who have used Time4Learning previously and are returning, or are adding additional family members!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I am sure all this info was there, I just didn't absorb it all, if that makes sense.When I signed up, I probably thinking more about getting started than how I would end it, you know?

And I totallly wish I'd budgeted the $ to have the records held while I waited for the income tax money. Or waited a few weeks to sign up so that the month I was paying for and our income tax $ ran together.

But sometimes you learn more doing something the hard way or the wrong way, whichever the case may be.

If I had planned everything perfectly, I might never know how much we missed t4l and how valuable it is to us!!

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

How about a disclaimer like this: WARNING! New users have been known to experience an excitement level which clouds reasonable judgment!

Okay, maybe not.

I know you were eager to get started, Jennifer. Hope to have you back soon.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    How about a disclaimer like this: WARNING! New users have been known to experience an excitement level which clouds reasonable judgment!

Okay, maybe not.

I know you were eager to get started, Jennifer. Hope to have you back soon.
    That is exactly what happened! Read the directions!

Our income tax is on the way, we just had a payday, so we are back. We are learning to use it all over again, it feels like, but it will get better soon I know.

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I bet you can't wait for your income tax! I love your excitement Jennifer!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/