I'll soon be homeschooling my DD for 4th grade
    Cookie2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I'll soon be homeschooling my DD for 4th grade

I gave notice at my job and will be HSing my DD next year. I'm so excited! She is in 3rd grade now but is dyslexic and has a terrible time reading & spelling. I said I'd give the school a year to work the IEP (she was finally diagnosed as having a LD - she is so smart she was able to keep up in the earlier grades) but the experience has been awful. By the time I leave my job there will only be two more months to this school year so I'll let her stay and HS her next year.

She's one of the youngest in her class so I hope to 're-set' her grade level without it looking like we're holding her back. IF I allow her to go to public/private school for High School, we'll delay her entry so she is one of the oldest children in her class. In the meantime, she gets to work on her reading / spelling and accelerate in math and science - her true loves.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing a bit about your daughter's history.

It sounds like you have your plan in place! We'll look forward to learning how things are going for you. Please continue to share and feel free to post any questions you might have as you get acquainted with the program.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

awesome!! wtg, mom! welcome to the group
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!