I'm from Belgium living in canada
    Vera is offline Junior Member

Default I'm from Belgium living in canada

Hello

I'm a Vera and live now 6 years in Canada.
    I homeschool my stepdaughter (11) now 2 years, because i find the schoolsystem here in Canada
    mediocre.
    we used these two years edhelper and other websites. Now she is doing work for grade 4 to grade 5
    Because my english is not so good, i was wondering if in t4l if they explain how to do things.
    like with language, how to do nons, verbs. Because some words i can't pronounce myself,
    also can i skip from grade 5 to grade 6 in the lesson plan.

I hope you can understand this a bit...........

Thanks

Vera

Can somebody please give me some anwers, i really want to enroll my daughter this sept. in t4l.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Vera!

Your student will be given easy access to one grade above and one grade below her registered level. So, yes, she can skip from grade to grade.

Parts of speech, such as nouns, verbs, and so forth are covered in the language arts extensions.

The program will give verbal instructions to your student much of the time, although there are lessons the students need to read
    on their own.

Ask as many questions as you need to ask!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You can get a reader program that will read the parts that you need to read yourself. I know that Microsoft has one and I think there are others out there. With a reader, you just highlight the text that you want read and it will read it to you. I think you can download one for free. But it does have a computer sounding voice that can be annoying.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

To add to what Kathi said, if you have a MAC computer you have a text to speech program built in. All you have to do is set it up on your computer with the short cut. If you need me to walk you though how to do this on a MAC I can. Just let me know.

You can also use Babelfish Free Online Translation Language Translator to translate from any language to any language. Check it out it is free.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here's information about Natural Reader, which is probably what Kathi was talking about.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks everybody for the information ,im gonna look into it.

The computer she hase is a windows7.

I'm gonna register her for sept. I'm really looking for to it.