I'm thinking about joining I have so many questions
    wendy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I'm thinking about joining I have so many questions

I'm a stay at home mom with 4 kids.My oldest girl is homeschooled.She goes throught a pravate online school.I 'm wanting to enroll my 6 year and my 11 year in homeschool.I notice this site and has been very interested ever since.My questions are.Is this a online school are is this site one that gives you the lessons you need to homeschool.My reason for asking this question is because I also run a daycare in my home.And I would rather my kids be home schooled online like my oldest.All I had to do with her was withdraw her from the public school , pay her fee and send her transprit over that was it.I notice there's only a 19.99 monthly fee.So I'm really trying to understand.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm thinking about joining I have so many questions

Hi, Wendy. Welcome!

Time4Learning is an online curriculum, not an online school. Time4Learning is a tool for parents who homeschool to use.

Your daughter, if she attends an actual private school online, is not technically homeschooled. Although she attends school at home, she is a student of the online school and isn't subject to any of your state's homeschool laws. Students who use Time4Learning are subject to a state's homeschool laws.

Although many online schools are willing to work with you a bit, they typically require lessons to be completed in a certain order and within a certain timeframe. Most have a teacher or teachers who review your student's work, and you are accountable to the school to see that things are done in a way that meets their requirements.

Time4Learning recommends a sequence, but they leave the final decisions to the parent.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Im jumping in because I too do daycare out of my home and homeschool my 2 boys.
    T4L is the best!!
    I am not connected to any "school", I am my children's own school and that is what I wanted! We work how we want, when we want and at the pace that is best for my children and myself not dictated by a school.
    I plan enough stuff with daycare/preschool activities and extra homeschool stuff that to sit down and teach book curriculum was daunting and no way was I going to do it. Where did I have the time!
    This is perfect because we can do the days lessons during naptime. I can sit right there and we go thru it together. The other part of the day when daycare kids are up, my kids are doing other stuff like free reading, spelling at spelling city, handwriting. Things that require little supervision and I can look over in my spare time.
    I have several friends who homeschool and do daycare as well but do not use T4L. I dont know how they do it, I try to convert them daily.
    Yes, T4L costs $19.99 for the 1st child per month and $14.99 for each extra child but that $35 a month I pay for my 2 boys is WAY worth it to know that I do not have to spend my freetime in the evening planning out the following days activities. I can spend it with my family instead!!

wendy is offline Junior Member Newbie

So what would I have to do to get started.And will the state approve it.I mean I live in North Carolina.And I know the homeschool laws are different.I guess I'm a little worried about doing the wrong things.Would they have to take test?At the public schools at the end of each year to past?I was looking at to homeschools online for my kids.One is 985 a year and one is 1750.00 a year. A lot of money I really don't have even tho I'm already paying for my oldest.But you see the public schools are not working out for me.Will the state visit my home to see if I'm doing the write things.Please help! Where do I start.

Blog Entries

Wendy, one of our forum moderators lives in North Carolina. I've alerted her to this post. You might take a look at the North Carolina homeschoolers forum, too.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Kimberleea36 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Kelly,

I am new to T4L, I have the same concerns as Wendy. I live in Georgia.....do you have any advice or know who I may need to contact? My kids were enrolled in a private homeschool before T4L & the school took care of EVERYTHING, it just wasn't working for my kids. So, I am new to doing this on my own. So far....they LOVE T4L!

Kimberly

Blog Entries

Welcome, Kimberly! Here's a link to the Georgia homeschooling parent support forum!

Do feel free to post items of general interest on the main board, but the Georgia forum will be terrific for your state-specific questions.