Instructional, or just games?
    peaceforhumans is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Instructional, or just games?

I was looking at the demos, and it seems that they are mostly games and activities. But are there instructional sessions where concepts and terms are explained?

Also, If a student is struggling in a certain subject, what are the options for figuring out how to help the child understand the concepts and terms?

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

No this is not just fun and games. The lessons are fun but they break things down very well. Like today w/ my own son he learned about fractions. They broke it down w/ numerators and denominators, least common denominator and how to figure that out what each were and exactly.

So yes it is fun and there are some games but it is NOT all games. There is lots of instruction.

Time4Learning does have a risk-free two-week trial. You can sign up and, if you change your mind within the first two weeks, you can cancel your subscription and get a refund. If you want to see more lessons in full.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

If your child has difficulty with a particular concept, you can go back over the lesson and repeat it several times if need be. There are also printed sheets that go with most of the lessons that can be used to reinforce some of the concepts. If you look under the lesson it says Resources. Click on that and a printed page will come up. The lessons are a lot of fun. That's what keeps the kids interested. But so much learning takes place at the same time.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

peaceforhumans is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks so much for the info! I think we are going to sign up today! I just wanted to make sure there was actual instructionals and explanation of the lessons, not just games. i am actually a big fan of learning through games, but want there to be some structure as well. Sounds like this is exactly what I am looking for!