Intro and questions
    sheagang is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Intro and questions

Quick intro - I have a current 3rd grader & 1st grader, both in public school. We homeschooled last year using Abeka loosely and other items here and there. I also had a baby at the time and unexpectedly, got pregnant again. Hence with 2 little ones, we opted to send the kids to public school. This was not our favorite choice.

We are planning to homeschool again next year, and I am really liking the look of T4L. I have had the kids do the demo and of course, they love the playground. I am still a bit surprised that all I need is T4L for the core.

Anyway, quick question for any SOS (Switched on Schoolhouse) users: did you or do you use their Bible curriculum? Did you like it? I need something, and thought the kids might like a computer program? Anyone else have anything they suggest? Anyone use ebay to purchase curriculum?

Also, anyone like Handwriting Without Tears?

There is just so much stuff out there, I want it all!!
    Hands full with 4!

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome!

Our family has used Handwriting Without Tears for years. I love the program.

We used SOS for a few subjects. My children kept losing and scratching the CDs.

Because they attend church, Sunday School, youth group, AWANA, and various Vacation Bible Schools during the summer, I decided not to make Bible study part of ny kids' "school". The younger ones start their day with the following little devotional. It's neat, because you can hear it read aloud and then guess the "Key" (moral).

http://cbh.gospelcom.net/kfk/home.php

I buy and sell on eBay, mostly used curriculum. I've had a few minor frustrations, but nothing to keep me from using it. Use the same cautions as you would when dealing with any stranger.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!