Is iPad or iPhone compatible?
    TSDmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is iPad or iPhone compatible?

I have 3 kids and only 2 computers. I would like to have them all working at the same time, if we decide to do the program. Would iPad work with the program? I think that would be nice for the preschooler to be able to use the touch screen anyway. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Neither iPhone nor iPad run Flash, which is required to run Time4Learning lessons (and a lot of other fun things on the Internet).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jcbsews is offline Junior Member

Without getting into the Flash battle, the lessons themselves are Flash. So you can't do that part. But the reporting ISN'T - I'm able to generate my weekly reports or check up on my daughter's lesson progress from the iPad. The likelihood that the CompassLearning system would be rewritten into HTML5 (or some other Flash alternative) is precisely zero right now - there's no financial reason for them (yet) to invest the time and money. If and when Flash becomes obsolete, we'd have to wait and see what they do - but I doubt I'll still have children in school then!

JC
    living my internet life (other than schooling!) primarily on an iPad

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcbsews View Post
    Without getting into the Flash battle, the lessons themselves are Flash. So you can't do that part. But the reporting ISN'T - I'm able to generate my weekly reports or check up on my daughter's lesson progress from the iPad. The likelihood that the CompassLearning system would be rewritten into HTML5 (or some other Flash alternative) is precisely zero right now - there's no financial reason for them (yet) to invest the time and money. If and when Flash becomes obsolete, we'd have to wait and see what they do - but I doubt I'll still have children in school then!

living my internet life (other than schooling!) primarily on an iPad
    I didn't know you could access the records portion on Ipad or Iphone! That's Awesome!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/