To join or not to join.......
    gomertribe is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default To join or not to join.......

My husband and I home educate our five children.....ages 5, 7, 9, 12, 14 (who is also autistic). I am trying to decide whether I should join or not. The small kids have really enjoyed the sample lessons available. I'm just not sure how to work it since each child is learning on different levels. (For example one is reading on 3rd grade level but only doing 1st grade math.)

Do any of the rest of you have several children using the program? How is it working for you? The cost seems like alot since it is for five rather than just one.

Any information on how you like the program, how you manage several users, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Five of mine are using T4L. I have found it sooo much easier than other curricula. I really appreciate not having to correct their work. It did take a week or so to get them all placed in the correct levels because, like your kids, they are all working either above or below grade level in certain subjects. With some experimentation, we got them all put in the appropriate levels.

You do get a discount for your second, third, and more children. I pay less using Time4Learning than I did on paper curriculum, and it's spread throughout the year instead of having to come up with a big chunk of money for curriculum all at once.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ccpeterson is offline Member

You can have a child doing 3rd grade Lang Arts and 1st grade math. No problem.
    ~Charity~
    Homeschoolin' Mama to 2
    Son, 14
    Daughter, 11

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Gometribe!

I am Mary, mom to 4 and we absolutely ADORE Time4Learning. This is our tenth year of home education and one of my favorite aspects to this year has been adding in T4L'ing. Our children are somewhat close in age,(to yours) 5/7/11/16.

I wrote a blurb about how well my 11 year old is doing somewhere else and will link you here. https://www.time4learning.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=599

The only time I have found homeschoolers who didn't enjoy their T4L'ing experience was when they forgot that it isn't designed to just turn on and leave the children completely on their own. I myself have found more success when I have my child let me immediately see their test results, so I can make sure they are ready to move on.

I had decided that I would check at the end of the day and that began a bad habit of letting a couple of days go by. My child was so intent on finishing his 3 lessons per day(our quota) that he was not understanding some of the information and then trying to move on? This caused a problem because you can't build on what you don't know.

We simply stopped went back and I helped them work through area's they were not understanding and no problem!

So my lesson learned was that I need to stay close and remain apart of their day to day, but I love that I can do dishes, make bread, work one on one with a particular child who needs me and I don't have to sit there the WHOLE time. (understanding smile?)

I wish I could have used this program to teach my other children to read!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/