Just Joined

Thread: Just Joined

mbingham is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Just Joined

I just joined my 3 kids. I am so worried. My daughter is ADHD in the 6th grade.She was doing good at first then she started failing at the new school, no one on one attention. She needs this one on one from time4learning. I am just wondering will this program take care of everything she will need to pass for the state of VA. Will all of the lessons take care of the VA requirements. Please help, I want to help all of my children to better in school.

Melissa

Mother of 4

Chasity-11-6th grade
    Kirsten-9-3rd grade
    Devin-6-1st grade

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just Joined

melissa -

this is a big and scary step we have all had to take. some of us were destined homeschoolers from the beginning and only had to make choices about *which* curriculum to use. others, like me, fell into homeschooling very unexpectedly and were worried about *everything*. you have made a difficult decision, and you're going to worry and have doubt ... most of us do at some point or another. but allow me to encourage you ... it does get easier, it will all make more sense. just don't expect it to overnight.

t4l is a full curriculum designed for use in the public school system. while i don't know virginia's requirements specifically, i'm sure you'll find that there is very little to nothing missing. you'll find that some families on here add nothing at all, and some families add all kinds of things (i'm in that category, but as i explained in another thread, my son is just a geek and needs extra stuff lol).

if you look under the state-by-state section on the main board, you can ask there about virginia-specific questions. you'll find there is a lot of support and a lot of help here.

welcome to the boards, make yourself at home ... you have joined a family, not just a web forum. let us know if you need anything.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Jess, I'm glad you beat me to the punch, here! I couldn't have answered Melissa's questions better!

Melissa, welcome to our family!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Melissa, from another Melissa! If your children have difficulty concentrating, try using headphones. Miss Mary on here suggested them and they really do help! We let our girls each choose their own pair that is especially for T4L. Also, just to reiterate, T4L does meet national standards and do not be surprised if you suddenly notice improvements in your children's trouble areas. I was shocked at how much my dd retained when it came time for state testing last year. She far surpassed my expectations of her as afirst year homeschooler and it really put my mind at ease. Since T4L is so tailored to children's individual needs (being able to adjust grade levels, repeat lessons, having fun, etc) they seem to learn a lot of information quickly.
    Melissa.

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

kelly - i am so here for you!! i figure since i've been away from the boards so long, i should make up for lost time!! all about teamwork anyway, isn't that what we're always saying? i mean, its not like you're just sitting around watch soaps and eating bon bons .... and if you are, why aren't you SHARING?!?!? i <3 u!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!